Google
 

Monday, February 13, 2006

WarCraft The Sunwell Trilogy Manga Impression

Run, do not walk, to your local manga Mecca and buy Vol. 1 and 2 of Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy. Now I love me some manga, and I've been privy to read some more American based titles (Devil May Cry) to see how they adapt. Warcraft is one of those titles (check out the online manga here, Warcraft). It's based on a computer game, one which I do not know too much about, heck I'm a console gamer, not PC. Anyway it's set in the world of Warcraft and is sure to have characters and locations that series veterans will notice, but it's more than just the standard-fare 'lets turn a game into a manga' type of series.

This trilogy is written by Richard A. Knaak (Dragonlance: Legend of Huma, DragonRealm series) and illustrated by Jae-Hwan Kim. It was Kim's cover art for volume one that drove me to pickup this series (check out the pics to the left) but it was Knaak's name that sold me. The art mixed with an excellent story is well worth your time to pickup, I just hate the fact it's only a trilogy. I can tell you this, Warcraft: TST will find a place on my bookshelf along with all my favorite manga, Dragonlance collection and (out of print) Drago books. Good times. If you like fantasy pick up this series, it's a nice mixture of East meets West.

No comments:

Post a Comment