Google
 

Monday, November 21, 2005

Naruto on Cartoon Network

Am I the only person here who really looks forward to Saturday nights and new Naruto? I cannot wait to watch, pathetically is one of my weekly highlights :( I adore, love, the manga, and I really like the anime, but I'm just not sold yet. Why? The voice. Listen, I get that women have to do most young male voices in anime, but how annoying could they make Naruto's voice. The best thing about the last episode (11/19) was not once did you hear 'better believe it' or some such nonsense. I took time to go back and reread volume 1 of the manga and to my surprise this phrase is not uttered, not once. On the other hand 'Ready, Steady, Go' is said a lot, and this is a sweet phrase. Well, I can get used to the voice, and the story is good, follows the manga pretty close, but what's up with the music? The background music is good stuff, I really like it, but why, WHY, do producers and such here think we need crappy 80's rock themes on our anime??? Anyone notice how good the Ready, Steady, Go intro for Fullmetal Alchemist is? Has anyone listened to the original Naruto intro's they are f'ing sweet, I imported the CD. Ok, the intro is not that bad, but I've seen the originals, and I want them. How many times can I contradict myself, I like it, I don't like it... hmmmmmm, confusion.

Naruto is a great manga, the anime is getting better and the music is sweet, so if you have no idea what I'm talking about go to the story, buy the manga, and tune in, check out the anime (it's on Vol. 2 of the manga right now). If you have the bones import some music, better yet, go here, http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/. Good Times, take care.

15 comments:

  1. I can't agree with you more. Love Naruto, his "BELIEVE IT"  drove me insane.  I just wish they could give us more Naruto time than just an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man at first i couldnt wait for naruto to come out, and well it did, man and wat a show it is lol. probably one of the best shows in toonami(believe it!) and it gets me hooked everytime and i cant wait for the next show

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD THE NARUTO ANIME IS THE MOST RETARDED EFFED UP THING I HAVE EVER SEEN THEY FRIGGIN RUINED IT. WAY TO GO AMERICA, RUINING ANOTHER GREAT SERIES TO MAKE IT MORE "MAINSTREAM" CAUSE NOW IT SUCKS. PLEASE GO WATCHED SUBBED JAPANESE ANIME VERSION OF IT OR READ THE MANGA THE MANGA IS MUCH BETTER. AMERICA U SUCK FOR RUINING MY FAVORITE SERIES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH THE ORIGINAL MUSIC TO NARUTO WAS GREAT BUT YET AGIAN AMERICA EFFED SOMETHING UP, ALSO CHECK OUT HTE ANIME/MANGA BLEACH, ITS OPENING SONG IN THE ANIME: ASTERISK BY ORANGE RANGE IS PRETTY SWEET

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO WAY ARE YOU THE ONLY ONE WHO LOOKS FOWARD TO SATURDAY!  Same here, cannot wait to see them, then blog and talk about em.  I AM OBSESSED WITH NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really look foward to Saturday nights!!!!! I love Naruto!!!! I also love it when he says "better belive it" Visit my site at http://journals.aol.com/whitney711/Whitney  

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always look forward to Sat. nights and new Naruto eps. I think it's one of the best manga/anime ever. Check out my journal: http://journals.aol.com/deaharr7/Crazy702

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is sad to say but my Saturdays include a bag of popcorn, Pockey adn the line up on Adult Swim and Toonami (SP).

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO I LOVE TO WATCH NARUTO TOO. I LOVE THE NEW SHOWS BUT I HATE THAT ONE GUY HAD TO DIE THIS NEW YEARS EVE. THE BATTLE BETWEEN THEM WAS SO COOL. THEY WERE LIKE BOTHERS TILL THE END. THAN THE NINE TAIL FOX SHOWED UP AND MADE IT GREAT BUT NOT IN TIME TO SAVE HIS FRIEND. IT IS SAD THAT HE IS GONE OR IS HE FIND OUT NEXT WEEKEND. TILL THAN I BE WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN. HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too like Naruto infact i have a whole site me and my friend made and i think you might like it so check it out. www.forumcircle.com/ninjaacademy/

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol no ^^ my saturdays are filled with only anime in my head... >.> actually everyday my heads filled with anime XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally some one has the same opinion as me the Jap. version is so much better and so is the music. I still can't get over the fact that a women is the voice of Naruto ~_~ what's up with that? But I'm so pathetic that I still watch Naruto in the Eng. version. Got to love Naruto lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The american naruto sucks. i dont know why they would destroy what gave naruto its personality. that thing is the INTROs and OUTROs. Imagine the first season of naruto in japan with the crappy american intro's, this show would be a joke. As u know toonami will NEVER EVER show the oringinal intro for any anime. WHY? Who knows. All that aside THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD DO WITH AMERICAN NARUTO move it from Toonami and put it on Adult Swim. With the sex changing(Orochimaru), complicated adult themes, Scenes of killing, and eventually disturbing character history(Sakuke's parents being killed by his brother) A TV-Y7 rating isnt going to cut it. Get NEW and BETTER VOICE ACTORS, and show the oringinal Intro's and Outro's ITS GIVES THE SHOW MORE HEART.          

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,Naruto is the best show ever! I watch it like every saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. no i wach naruto all the time

    ReplyDelete